|Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 1.00 pounds
Michigan State University
- Highbush type cultivar.
- Height is 5-7 feet and upright in stature, only slightly spreading.
- Ripening date is about July 10 in the South Haven, Michigan area.
- Yields 10-20 pounds per bush.
- Fruit size is medium-large with 76 berries per cup.
- Quality of berry is firm. The berry is spherical in shape, light blue in color, little to no picking scars and borne on long stems. The fruit has a pleasant mild flavor and is only slightly tart.
- Harvesting can be done by hand or mechanically. Mechanical harvest can be done exceptionally well because the fruit is produced on long stems and loose clusters. 70% of the fruit can be picked at one time the first picking, and a second picking will complete harvest.
- Markets for the fruit can be fresh or process; however, the fruits excellent quality makes it desirable for the fresh market.
- Ornamental use of Blue Jay is good; plants are vigorous with an upright growth habit. Fall color is yellow-orange.
HARDINESS ZONE SOUTH: 7b, NORTH: 4a