- Highbush type cultivar.
- Height at maturity is 4-6 feet and upright in growth.
- Ripening date is about July 18 in the South Haven, Michigan area.
- Yield is consistent, ranging from 10-20 pounds per plant at maturity depending upon cultural care.
- Fruit size is large with 60 berries per cup.
- Berry quality is firm, picking scar is small and color is bright blue.
- Harvesting is more adaptable if done by hand. Mechanical harvesting can be done after the first two pickings are harvested.
- Markets for the fruit can be fresh or process. Blue Ray is the leading variety planted for U-Pick markets.
- Ornamental value for the bush is excellent. Dark green color in the summer and burgundy red in the fall.
HARDINESS ZONE SOUTH: 7a, NORTH: 4a